View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Out On The Water 

Post Out On The Water
Here's me sharpening up the chef's Mora whilst trying out my new Tilley hat and sippin' on a nice cold Stella.

This rare luxury whilst underway was afforded to me by the presence of the Admiral. He wanted to drive, so I offered him my seat for the day.

The Admiral always brings me a couple of sharps to play with. He was chuffed with the edges I put on his Crunch and Juice C2.

All in all it was a very enjoyable day out on the water. :D

Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:05 pm

Post Re: Out On The Water
Ah, great topic - I love being out on the water, was born within a 100yds of the Indian Ocean, in my blood I guess.

Do this every summer now, ever since met my wife (met on Mark Warner holiday :roll: )

Don't have any kids, but I always end up teaching some youngsters the thrill of trapezing/helming the cats - just great, great fun.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:55 am

Now that looks fun chui mate :)

Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:21 pm
Site Admin

Tallnhairydave wrote:
Now that looks fun chui mate :)

Sure does! Reckon I'd still manage to fall in lol

Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:36 am

The calm before the unpredicted storm. The anchorage was absolutely heaving with all sorts of boats. So busy, in fact, that I took a photo of the radar display for posterity.

The forecast was for 5-10 knot winds that night. The watch keeper woke me up just after 0200 with eyes like saucers. A force 8 had started blowing from out of nowhere and most of the boats had started dragging anchor and colliding in to one another. Absolute chaos and carnage.

I leapt out of my bunk like a scalded cat and started taking emergency avoidance actions whilst clad only in my boxers. How we got out of that one without a scratch I'll never know. But thank Neptune and his salty trident we did.

Probably the most horsepower I've ever seen on the back of a wee(ish) boat.

1200 hp on the back of a 22 odd footer. Totally mental. Ridiculous overkill. And probably bags of fun to boot!

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:02 pm
Site Admin

Is that St Tropez ? ;)

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:25 pm

It's Bonifacio, mate. Southernmost Corsica. A really beautiful place in the summer and a ghost town in the winter. This winter I'll probably be staying in Porto Vecchio. Just up the road from Boni.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:03 pm

Captain Midnight wrote:
It's Bonifacio, mate. Southernmost Corsica. A really beautiful place in the summer and a ghost town in the winter. This winter I'll probably be staying in Porto Vecchio. Just up the road from Boni.

- very nice Jon, have spent a few holidays over there. Bonifacio is truly gorgeous - night and day. Porto Vecchio too, bliss.

My initiation into Hobi-cats was in the bay of Propriano where I used to stay.........in the good ol' days after we'd landed into Ajaccio, we'd get a Cessna from there to Propriano..........

Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:15 pm

Chui wrote:
the bay of Propriano

It's a nice part of the world. I usually spend some time there every summer. Corsica has a lot going for it. Loads of variety. Something for everyone.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]